Reading Notes: Sita Sings the Blues, Part A

Sita crying and singing her feelings
(Source: Wikimedia Commons)

I really like the animation of Ramayana and how it focused on Sita. In the first part, the overall plot was the same from Rama being sent to exile in the forest to him saving her from Ravana, who kidnapped her. When watching this film, I couldn't help myself but laugh throughout it because the narrators were very funny. I thought that was a clever way of telling the story of Sita by adding a little comic relief to it. The graphics were nice too because it made the film fun and interesting to watch.

Also, I liked the comparison of a modern couple to the story of Rama and Sita. I think that helped relate the story of Rama and Sita's relationship to a more modern relationship you would hear about nowadays. Plus, I enjoyed the music and Sita's songs describing her devotion to Rama, and her feelings in general when she was going through the abduction and after when Rama saved her. When Rama tested her, Sita revealed her true feelings how she felt upset how Rama would doubt her devotion to him. If I was to retell this story, I can write it from an outside perspective and probably add the narrator's opinions on the relationship of the two lovers. Maybe also adding a little comedy into the story to make it more of an interesting way to tell the story.

Bibliography: Sita Sings the Blues by Nina Paley.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Dentist