Growth Mindset


I had never heard of Carol Dweck or much about the growth mindset concept until I watched her videos on it. I found it very interesting and definitely will look more into it. For me, I do struggle at times when I didn’t know how to solve a problem or was faced with a difficult challenge, but I always push myself and attempt the problem. My academics are important to me, so I always try to get good grades but sometimes that doesn’t happen, which does make me feel like I failed at times. One thing I have learned while in college is that grades are not everything. I attempt to push past the fact I didn’t get the grade I wanted to and look on ways I can improve and do better next time. One of my personal goals has always been to work hard and stay focused. In college, I’ve found various ways that help me in balancing all different things in my life. So, having a growth mindset is very beneficial in many ways.

(Quote by Roger Clemens retrieved from Flickr)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Dentist